Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mentor Program

Today was a day of celebration for me. I got to see and hug my very first student I ever mentored in high school, Jenae Campbell. Both of us got to talk about the mentoring program to our Jefferson City Area Board of Realtors General Meeting. It is called REACT. The program consists of a Realtor volunteering to mentor a high school student. The mentor meets with the student 30 minutes or more each week on a one on one basis in the high school. It is the mentors job to ask questions, listen, and encourage. The purpose is to keep the student in school and see them graduate.

I met Jenae in January 2003. In 2004 Jenae graduated and is now working as a case worker in Springfield, MO. Her goal is to become certified as a case worker and then go on to become a child psychologist. I'm just poppin' my buttons. I am so proud of her.

I encourage you to make a difference. Jenae certainly is and so is the mentoring program.

No comments:

Post a Comment